Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Swear This Will Be My Last Post!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

Hello all.

I just recently installed The Sims 2 Deluxe DVD version (which also includes Nightlife.) I also have the Family Fun Stuff pack and the Pets expansion pack. Now, I've played the game before on my laptop and never had this problem exactly, so I'm really bamboozled as to what it could be. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

The game loads fine. When I get into the main menu, though, that's when the issue starts happening. My cursor -- it doesn't select things properly, and it sometimes leaves a "trail" behind it, for lack of a better word. This is a picture of what happens to my display when I move my mouse in the main menu: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/michelle1980/help.jpg.

Also, when it comes to selecting things: I can't just move the cursor to an item and select it, the way I should be able to. For example, in the above picture, if I want to play in the neighbourhood of Pleasantview, that neighbourhood isn't highlighted until I move my cursor almost over to the Strangetown icon. Likewise, if I want to play Strangetown, I have to move my cursor to the right of the icon instead of clicking directly on it. It is that way with all of the buttons; I can't click directly on them at all, I have to move my cursor around experimentally until I can highlight what I want.

And finally, when playing my game, my cursor is almost invisible. I can see it very faintly as I move it, but that's it. I'm used to having my solid purple cursor at all times when I'm playing, and that's not happening now. It also has those little colored stripes behind it. It's very strange.

I do find that if I ctrl+alt+del out of the game, to task manager, and keep task manager actually running in the background, that eliminates my problem of not being able to click directly on things. It does not, however, solve my graphics issue.

As I've said before -- I have played Sims 2 extensively on this very laptop, and also played the Seasons EP on it last year, so since Pets came <i>before</i> Seasons, I can't see why I would be having this kind of trouble. I've never seen anything like this. I know that my computer is not top of the line, but it does pass system requirements for the game, and I'm not having any problems with the game crashing -- it's just this weird issue.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users