Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

motherboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul67

Paul67

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:38 AM

Please can any body help me !
I have been pulling my hair out for the last 3 months !

I started off with a MOBO that would not connect onto the internet or was just bringing a web page up after about 2 mins! i checked the connection on my laptop and it was fine, i then got NTL to ping my mobo and they said their was an intermitant fault. I firstly suspected drivers or software as the usb port was working fine,and the fault was the same with the RJ45, so i formatted the hard drive and installed a fresh copy of winxp pro, but still no internet. so i got a brand new motherboard bundle and to my dissmay, same problem! after 3 mobo's later it was proven not to be hardware!
i then decided for a laugh to install win 98 on the first mobo, it worked first time on the internet! so i formatted the hard drive again,put XPpro back on and guess what it works!! but still my new mobo wont work, iv'e tryed every thing i can think of and this is the 3rd brand new mobo, someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

new motherboard model no-667M04-G-6L is FOXCON,
Motherboard Bundle - Intel Cerleron D 2.8GHz 800FSB, 256MB 400Mhz DDR

Edited by Paul67, 15 February 2005 - 10:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:48 AM

I'm sure someone around here can help you figure this out. Can you provide details of the three MB's and also which operating system works with which one. The brand and model numbers are important. Also details on the CPU and Ram. Do you connect to the internet with USB or Ethernet card?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Paul67

Paul67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:41 AM

Thanks very much for your reply Leurgy,

I've amended my post to include the details of the motherboard bundle i'm having problems with.

cheers Paul. :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

After you installed XP did you install the drivers from the motherboard CD next?

I found the Foxconn motherboard site but they don't list that model number.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Paul67

Paul67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:03 AM

yes i installed the motherboard drivers and all devices are working fine, i dont think the problem is with the mobo.

i have had 3 of these brand new motherboards and the fault is the same using an external usb network card and also through the internal network card using the RJ45, i don't think the fault is with the mother board it is something in XP because i had the same fault with another computer running XP and installing Win 98 fixed the problem,

regards, Paul.

#6 Paul67

Paul67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

Cheer's Leurgy,

after trying many options your suggestion seems logical, although the fault is this the same using the RJ45 and i have installed the motherboard drivers for both network and usb ports, it definately seems like a driver conflict somewhere, i havn't put SP2 on yet so wonder what that will do!!

cheers, Paul67

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:29 AM

It certainly would be a good idea to install SP2. Apparently there are some USB fixes in there. Are you showing any conflicts in Device Manager?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users