Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance And Stability Warning In System Tray

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jim Piazza

Jim Piazza

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

The following pop-up message appears in my system tray about every 20 minutes or so. I cannot determine what process it is coming from or if it is legitimate. I followed the recommendation of another user to run my Norton AV, Ad=Aware, and Spybot before running/submitting HijackThis.

Performance and Stability Warning!

Your system is not configured properly. It may lead to crashes, reboots, shutdowns and freezing of operating system. Your files and documents may get corrupted due to crashes.

Click here to fix this problem.

When I click the warning icon in the system tray the message goes away but nothing else seems to happen. I don't know if this is related, but when shutting down PC RUNDLL32.EXE will not shut down by itself. I have attached the HijackThis log. Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

Hello Jim Piazza,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. :thumbsup:

Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Please do not attach it as that makes it hard to read.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by SifuMike, 08 November 2007 - 01:21 AM.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users