Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goldwood

Goldwood

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Greetings BleepingComputer Staff and board members,
I am just stopping by to introduce myself. I've just recently made that paradigm shift from occassional computer user to wanna be geek. I'm a musician/DJ and am trying to fuse the analog technology with the digital technology whether it be in my music or just trying to find a market for myself on the internet. I recently recovered from a very nasty computer virus and hijacking so I'm willing to learn more about computers and internet safety in order to help prevent this from happenning again. I've lost a lot of potential new friends/contacts during the virus attack as well as folks I already know. I'm actually in the midst of re-connecting with everyone now but my gut tells me I need to know more about the inside of the computer even more so than just user interface. With that out of my system now, I look forward to meeting new people and learning more as well as sharing any information I may be able to contribute as well.

Thank you for your time and any future help,

Goldwood :thumbsup:

Edited by Goldwood, 25 October 2007 - 04:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi Goldwood, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.

Again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, a friendly user community. We hope your stay here is enjoyable.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 CHAS9791

CHAS9791

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hi goldwood

My story is similar to yours. Had a virus attack last week which wiped out 59 files on my machine and Ive had to reinstall virtually everthing and that has been an eductaion as to what goes on inside the metal box. Hope some members here may be able to help me.

Hope you get everything sorted and back to normal soon.

#4 MaRiiA

MaRiiA

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

:trumpet: to BC, have a great time surfing the site! Don't forget to check out the New User Orientation! click here :flowers:

Have a super day! :thumbsup:
ahh is it lust or love? the question many have feared to answer for there is no telling :D
Last to post wins! i guess i'll never give up on that game until i win it!
maria over n out ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users