Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Programms Need To Run To Start Up Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 april6454

april6454

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

when I turn on my pc it takes so long to come on I think this is because so many programms are trying to open in the start up can any one tell me the only ones I need for the pc to open there are so many in the start up menu that i dont know which ones to get rid of thanks Ann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Look at the top of the page and you'll see a tab that says Start Up. Click on that and search away. If in doubt don't be afraid to ask. Don't use MSCONFIG, instead try Autoruns or Codestuff Starter
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

If you untick an entry in Autoruns or Starter, it will no longer run at startup. This will allow you to experiment and see how your system performs with any of them disabled. Note: some startup programs are necessary so be careful what you disable.

If you come across a suspicious file which you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

I have Autoruns, but I think free WinPatrol is the most user-friendly startup control going: http://www.winpatrol.com/ Scotty will not offer to turn off anything necessary, and a 'disable' in the startup section does not remove it from the list. You can easily go back and 'enable' at any time. WinPatrol has many other benefits as well.

For what I have learned about controlling my processes, written in 'non-geek,' and including web addresses of useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/

The 'links' are not 'live,' so copy and paste the URLs to your browser address bar, and "Go." No spyware, no ads, nothing to buy(or donate), just info.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users