Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DTJ07

DTJ07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

I think my computer is infected. Everytime windows comes up the only thing that shows on the desktop is the start menu. Then afet about 5 min the mouse stops moving. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Hi there DTJ07, welcome to BleepingComputer.
I don't really understand your problem- you mean that you have no Desktop background or icons? Without meaning to sound patronising, are you sure you didn't delete them all? As for the problem involving your mouse, are you using a wireless one? This is often the reason for things like this happenening, maybe the batteries simply need changing.
If you still think that this is being caused by malware, have you run a scan with your anitivirus in Safe Mode?

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users