Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

modem driver, 2003 server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerryc

jerryc

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:02 AM

I have multipartitioned and have 98, 2k, xp, and 2003 server on the same HD. It boots fine into all. the original OS was 98 and the box has the original modem. Of course that's fine and it works in 98, and xp seems to have some sort of generic driver so that it works also, but 2k and server do not have drivers. I think I found the 2k on a site and have to unzip it and do an install, but the most important is the server as I'm taking a server class and need it to work. Of course connecting such a powerful OS with a modem probably wasn't anyone's first choice but there it is. I haven't been able to find a source for a driver and I don't know how/if the xp driver can be copied via usb drive,to the server OS.
Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:36 PM

Its very possible there is no 2000 driver for your modem. You can "try" to install the xp version but it may not work.

#3 jerryc

jerryc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:43 AM

I am too pleased with myself to say; I found an XP driver and used my fancy new flash drive, the one I just got all the rebates for so total cost for 512 meg was $30, to transfer it to the server OS, unzipped it and installed, and it Works!! I am so cool.... :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:21 AM

Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users