Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Generate A Notepad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sam-my

sam-my

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

I would like to apologize for what may seem a "stupid question",
but I have no idea how to do that.
I have an issue which is handled in another post (HijakThis) and was asked:
"Copy the text below to notepad and save it to the desktop with the name CFScript.txt"

I can "copy" a notepad (txt) from a program, clean all its content, but I cannot change the
title (Name in the upper blue strip)

Thanks for assitance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

To open Notepad, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.

Then, highlight the text that your HJT helper gave you. To do this put the mouse pointer at the start of the text, press and hold the left mouse button, and drag the mouse pointer over the text. The text in question should now be highlighted. Press Ctrl+C (which is copy). Go to notepad and press Ctrl+V (which is paste). Now (still in Notepad) select File, Save As and type the name CFScript.txt in the box that appears.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 sam-my

sam-my
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:14 AM

Budapest

Many thanks for your prompt and accurate answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users