Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help - I Can't Load My Own Websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 showpup

showpup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

My problem started with trying to ftp files to my website server. I could upload .html files but not the .jpg ones. I used two different ftp programs.
I tried using my server control panel option only to discover I couldn't load the page. I can't load either of my websites: www.ethicaldogbreeding.com or www.ironwoodkennel.com Yet, I can surf all other sites on the net.

I rebooted, cleared my history, cookies, temp files... I ran Avast antivirus program.
Suspected perhaps firewall issue. Windows firewall is Off. Turned off Avast. Nothing. Complete uninstall of Avast. Nothing.
Bare bones one program at a time and nothing.

Contacted the host server tech support. Weren't able to help.

Friends can load the sites. And I can even load the sites only if I use the proxy site atunnel.com
It's a problem definately on my end.

I contacted my isp to see if my IP address was blocked. No answer. It's been 2 days and I'm totally frustrated.
Do any of you have any ideas of what I may be able to try?

Thank you for your time,
Janet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

My problem started with trying to ftp files to my website server. I could upload .html files but not the .jpg ones. I used two different ftp programs.

First have you tried any other image format? .png, .tif, .gif?

Can you ping the site from the command line? Ping www.ethicaldogbreeding.com and/or www.ironwoodkennel.com?

Do you have any antispyware software like Spybot or SpywareGuard that may be blocking the sites from your computer?

Have you tried another computer from your home on your ISP's connection?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users