Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Load Palm Z22 Desktop Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BIG STAN

BIG STAN

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

Hi all,
I have what I hope is a simple problem.
I have a HP Presario V6000 withXP Professional. Only my wife and I have accounts on the laptop and both of us are administrators.
When I tried to install the Palm Z22 desktop software on her account, since it's her Palm, I get a message stating that admin privleges are needed!
The software installs perfectly on my account!
I should mention I set up my account first.
Any suggestions on how to get this software to load on her account would be greatly appreciated.
BIG STAN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gykick

gykick

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:40 PM

If its installed under your account then you should see it showing up under her programs in her account, if so , just run the shortcut that should work if not then:-

verify she is a member of the administrator's group:

Right click on "My Computer" select manage
select "local users and groups" then "users"
right click on her name and select "properties" then "member of" tab, now you should see what group she is part of if admin is not there add her to the admin group.

if none of the above help please state what is the exact message you are getting and when you are getting it ( before install or when you try to run the program from a shortcut )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users