Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

why would my recycle bin not work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CTOP876

CTOP876

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

:thumbsup: I was surfing the internet one night when all of a sudden I got what I belive to be a series of trojans and worms. My internet connection was somehow fried but this was after several program were downlaoded installed and running without my knowledge.It took me four hours of troubleshooting and reading log files b-4 I could even get back on the internet after that night my computer has been moving at an acceptable rate of speed but whenever I go to use my recycle bin the programs which I deleted do not show up and when I go to empty my recycle bin the confirmation message asks me if I would like to delete 7 files no matter how many files I put in the bin. also my version of hijack this will not run anymore after that night if you have any suggestions please drop me a line. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dna1110

dna1110

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:37 PM

My suggestion is going to be pretty general.
If you have windows XP scan for viruses. Then run adaware or your spyware of choice. Then restore to one of your previous restore points . If you need help doing this on windows XP reply and I will help you.

If you are not on Windows XP. Copy any important files to a CD and insert your OS CDROM. Windows 2000 - ME you should be able to do a repair.... Pre 2000 - ME you will have to reinstall.

#3 CTOP876

CTOP876
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:07 PM

:thumbsup: Dna1110 thanks for the heads up. do you happen to know which file on the win xp cd is responsible for the recycling bin app. I reinstalled windowsXP the night this all happened. It was a last ditch effort to rewrite every os file without having to spend even more time looking thru the operating sys files trying to find the specific comprimised programs.I of course have already run adware as well as e-scan and reg mech 4.0 ,b-4 this problem my hijack this program was working so i was even able to use that. A system restore sound like a good idea but the last known restore point is probably the day of the o.s. reinstall, but i'm going to give it a shot, and holla back at you. also incidentally when i reinstalled the o.s. I an upgrade reinstall versus a fresh reinstall. do you think this will work if done again or should I backup. reformat and start over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users