Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oceptis

oceptis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

Do you think Windows Server 2008 will be a viable solution to administer Windows Vista? it would be nice if they would include things like the ability to turn off UAC, Areo, etc. There are many things that I would not want a user to have access to,i.e. widgets, media center, etc.

I feel now that Server 2003 is inadequate to administer Vista of any version.

What do you think?

Edited by oceptis, 24 October 2007 - 03:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi, I run SBS 2003 with 4 XP machines and 1 Vista and it manages Vista fine. But for a coprate world the problem would be compatibility with in house software and Vista. Through group policys I can disable media centre ect on my Vista machine no probs. Yes you have to turn off UAC from Vista but it will be interesting to run 2008 in VM and see how it performs with Vista.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users