Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabling The 'allow Blocked Content'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

I'm currently working on a small project for a local company - a basic website. There isn't anything flashy about the website (no flash content either) but evertime I preview the site in either IE or Firefox the annoying 'Allow blocked content' message pops up.

I know why the message is there its because I've designed some of the links to popup in a window. I was wondering if there is some code that can mask the presence of the popup and thus message will not appear?

I remember sometime ago that when flash animation was present on a webpage a message would appear talling the 'viewer' that they had to 'click to activate' and there was some code that you could add to your webpage to automatically play the content or disable message from popping up.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

I was wondering if there is some code that can mask the presence of the popup

No. Good thing too, otherwise my pop-up blocker wouldn't be worth a darn. Embedded flash works differently than a pop-up, so that's why it could be coded to avoid the warning messages. Of course, if one has a flashblock plug-in, then that doesn't work either.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the input, worth a try.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users