Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Computer That Is Also Good For General Use

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Juniper8

Juniper8

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

Hello!!! I am trying to find a computer that will function as a gaming computer for my son as well as a regular computer for general use. One of the games that I bought is Bioshock. Can you please please help me select a computer that will provide enough of the functions for this type of game as well as for regular computer use? Thank you!!!

Edited by Juniper8, 24 October 2007 - 01:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Are you looking to build your own computer, or buy one pre made? Also, what is your price range?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Juniper8

Juniper8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hello! Thank you for your reply!! No, I won't be making my own computer!!! I barely know how to access the internet!!! I plan to spend around $1,000 for a good computer. I already have speakers, keyboard, mouse and monitor. Thank you for your help!!

Edited by Juniper8, 25 October 2007 - 07:55 AM.

#4 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

hm

(prices in australian dollar)

for 1 grand you wont really get a good "gaming" pc...i have a pretty good gaming pc, and 6 components cost me 1500..

remember, bout 2-3~hrs labour = $200-$300~..that leaves u with $700-800$ to play with.

if you can, use your current cd drive, current hdd, current case etc. only buy the parts you have to. you can get the aesthetics going on later...

get something along the lines of a athlon 64 5000+, a cheap all-in-one mobo, 1gb of generic ram and soemthing like a 8500/8600/2600 videocard. that should do you alright for games and normal stuff considering your price range.
=)

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

In American/Canadian dollars, you can get quite the gaming pc. It might not be the latest and greatest parts, but it should play most games fine. Is there any companies your particular to, or would you like me to set up a nice looking pre built computer somewhere and we you can look at it. We could always change a few things too.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 Juniper8

Juniper8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

Thank you for your replies!!! I have used Hewlett Packard in the past, and am open to any suggestions, re: what is best. I plan to purchase the computer either from someplace like Circuit City or online at Newegg. I can't spend more than $1,000. I hope you can offer some suggestions. Many, many thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users