Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Spool Stuck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonnaParadise

DonnaParadise

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

Hello!

I have a HP psc1410, connected to my Gateway laptop (Windows XP). I use Printmaster 17 to create brochures and marketing materials.

I completed a project and sent to Print. It stuck. After more than 1/2 hour, even though the indicator said it was "Printing" there was no action.

I 'cancelled' the job. The status showed: "printing - deleting'. But, it got stuck there.

I had sent other jobs behind it and decided to cancel 'all jobs'. The ones that came up behind, deleted themselves, however this one particular job seems to be stuck in the queu.

I turned off the printer and turned it on again after several minutes.
I unplugged and replugged the printer cable into the USB port
I turned everything off and re-booted fresh

Nothing!

Still stuck!

Can't seem to get rid of the job in the status bar and can't get it to print.

Help!

Thanks

Edited by jgweed, 07 November 2007 - 11:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

Welcome to BC
2 different things to try:
Go to the following folder:

C:\windows\system32\spool\printers and delete the files there. If they are
'in use' that won't work, but it should after one reboot.
----------------------------
Try flushing the print spooler...

Right-click "My Computer", Manage, expand "Services and Applications", click "Services", scroll
your way down the list to "Print Spooler", click "Stop" the service. When the service returns
"Stopped", right-click the taskbar print icon and select "Update". When the Icon disappears, go
back and restarte the service. In some rare instances, you need to Log off then Log on again.
----------------------------
Few other things here
http://www.besttechie.net/forums
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 24 October 2007 - 05:24 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users