Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Morning~

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaParadise

DonnaParadise

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:59 AM

Good morning!
I have just found this forum through surfing desperately for an ongoing solution to a problem I am having. But that is for another entry.

I am a Canadian and I live most of the time in the Dominican Republic, where I have a retail store specializing in brand name clothing, make-up and accessories. I also have a Natural Juice Bar and Coffee Shop, offer Dance and Jazzercize classes and am opening up an employment agency. Kinda busy these days!

Not only is internet service unstable, but since there is not a day that goes by that we do not have power outages here, being able to stay 'live' is a challenge in of itself. One gets to be pretty creative trying to figure out what is going wrong and trying to either avoid it altogether or find some 'work arounds' for day-to-day production.

The first computer that I ever worked with was in 1966 - a Monroe Internation 2K - anyone remember that one?
I am not technical in that I have never taken courses, nor been what one would call an expert in anything, however I did perform as a project manager for many years in both IT and business environments so know just enough to be dangerous and get me into a lot of trouble sometimes.

Finding competent help here in Paradise is almost impossible and there are really few resources that one can turn to to get some of the more detailed answers I need when I get myself into one of these jams. I am hoping to be able to access some information here and possibly meet others who feel as stupid as I do sometimes.

Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying this forum. So far, seems quite interesting and I have already found someting about Start Up Menus that I will definitely be trying later on today and I'm sure I will benefit greatly from.

cheers,
DonnaParadise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

With all your various business endeavors, how did you find time to write such a long and interesting introduction---and without a power interruption at that!
You can rely on our Members for help with computer problems, and you will find a lot of extremely useful information just spending some spare time reading the Tutorials or browsing the forums.
I am always happy to get to know another fellow project manager.
Welcome to BC!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 MaRiiA

MaRiiA

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

:thumbsup: to BC, have a great time surfing the site! Don't forget to check out the New User Orientation! click here :trumpet:

Have a super day! :flowers:
ahh is it lust or love? the question many have feared to answer for there is no telling :D
Last to post wins! i guess i'll never give up on that game until i win it!
maria over n out ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users