Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Copy A Text Or Picture That Wouldnt Highlight.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:21 AM

hi! i discovered this when i was doin my project. i needed to embed some turbine diagrams into my work but all the diagrams i found wouldnt highlight therefore would not copy by the normal "copy and paste" method.
And then neccesity begat discovery.
Below were my steps to "graceland":
step 1: print screen (using the print screen key on keyboard) of the page where ur source document is
step 2: click start>all programs>accessories> paint
step 3: paste(ctrl+V) on paint or you could right click on your mouse and choose paste
step 4:click on the "select" tool on the side toolbars(symbolised by a rectangle made of broken lines)
step 5: then cut the needed size(portion) of the document you need using the "select" tool of equation 4
step 6: copy(ctrl+v) the cut portion( as in step 5)
step 7: paste(ctrl+V) on MSword or any package that suports ur document.
step 8: clap for your self
i am certain for only windows OS. never used any other but it.

Edited by king gee, 24 October 2007 - 09:29 AM.

there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

Could be handy...thanks!
People live to learn, and learn to live...

#3 PeKay

PeKay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

Great advice!
I have used this process to resize photos also. When trying to send lots of photos to friends who like myself has dialup (archaic and painfully slow), it helps when you can take a 1.5 M photo and reduce it down to 20-50 kb. Learned my lesson last Christmas when I tried to email out a couple dozen homemade Ecards that had one of own photos in it. Took days! Well actually about six hours. Still ouch! :thumbsup:

#4 JM_Runs

JM_Runs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

I assume you are attempting to copy something from the web.
Simple solution with a lot fewer steps.

Setup, do only once:

1) Use Firefox
2) Install ScreenGrab extension http://www.screengrab.org/

Use:

1) Right click,
ScreenGrab, save, selection
or
ScreenGrab, copy, selection

Edited by JM_Runs, 29 October 2007 - 09:27 AM.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

Right click, Save image as..., doesn't work?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:46 AM

Nope, sometimes the image is copyrighted.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#7 DarkNight

DarkNight

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

I already learn that trick,and doesn't work well if the picture is long than the browser
anyway,I use Opera
try going to any website that doesn't allow you to copy and save the pictures in Opera
just right-click,and what do you know,it can save the pictures!! :thumbsup:

#8 sasuke0315

sasuke0315

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

wow! great tip!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#9 m412491

m412491

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

It might be more a pain to do it this way, but if you don't want to install anything, sometimes you can find the picture saved in your windows temporary internet folder. I've found ways of grabbing embedded video this way too.

#10 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

I use a good, free and malware-free (of course) screengrabber. It's screengrab from cnet or download.com.

There are others that I've used but they can get a little bit too complicated.

Edited by m0le, 30 September 2008 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#11 don_s

don_s

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

If you want to speed the process up just a tiny bit, try ALT>PRINT SCREEN (press "alt" at the same time as "Print Screen").

Instead of capturing your entire desktop, the image captured will be just that of the active window.... A lot less cropping involved, and for large images, quite the time saver...

Enjoy.

#12 Piotr-Seeler

Piotr-Seeler

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

Well if the firefox save as does not work, i go to IE, past the URL and take the picture from the cache. Of course i clean the temp internet files before doing that in order to have an easier view of files.
In general, IE gives u all the files that are on the page.

Hope it helps..

#13 StringSurfer

StringSurfer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Great advice. I've been doing that for years. Especially when I wanted to copy a photo that I had added to a site and no longer had it on my computer.

#14 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

I use SnagIt. What a great program!
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#15 horned0wl

horned0wl

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Firefox, whether in Windows or Linux, has an available extension called "Save Page As Image," which, when installed, places that command in the right-click context menu, allows for cropping and re-sizing on the fly, and will save in any of several different graphical formats (png, jpg, gif, tif, etc). I'd be helpless without it. :thumbsup:

Cheers;
the0wl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users