Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Exchange 2003 To New Domain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

My company is being sold and I have to reconfigure the exchange environmemt with new e-mail addresses. I will be setting up a new domain controller (Server 2003 SP1) and I have to change all the addresses to the new domain. I know that users are going to want to keep their old e-mails from the old domain. My question is, short of creating .pst files for all the old mailboxes and then adding them as personal folders in the new environment, how do I go about changing the e-mail server to reflect the domain name change?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Eisles

Eisles

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

I would suggest creating a new email server. Use ADMT to move all of your users to the new domain. Setup all of the users to have an Exchange mailbox. Then use exmerge to move the mailboxes to the new mail server. They will be unable to reply to any of the internal emails directly (the exchange address will no longer exist), but any external emails will still work. They'll need to forward a reply to an internal email address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users