Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bought 22" Lg Little Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Soto

Soto

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

alright i just bought a 22" LG and i dont know if anyone has this monitor but it has some viewing problems like some laptop screens when i move my head and the colors are changing and darkening
i dont know if its just this monitor or if its just a problem on this monitor, if anyone has this monitor let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:05 AM

Soto, in order for someone to comment, they will need to know if they have the same model as you, so please post the Model Number of your monitor.

LG can have a number of models of any one size, in several different markets. And even though LG Philips manufacture LCD panels, LG don't necessarily use their own panels in every model. So someone would have to have the exact model you have so they can compare.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

LG226w flatron wide

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

I know that whenever I install a new monitor, I upgrade the video chip/card driver
Worth a shot
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

i updated my gfx drivers, its doing some weird thing though its kinda hard to explain but im going to try.

ok like on the top to bottom it has some sort of fade effect like if i drag aim window boxes to the top and bottom you can kinda see the color change or like the top bar of internet explorer or mozilla you can see the silver changing to almost like a light champaign color and it bugs me cause if i have to windows open for the top and the bottom of the screen you can see that they are to diffrent colors, so im trying to figure out if its just the monitors problem or if this problem can be fixed, it may be a small detail but small details like that bother me. I came seeking for help to see if this can be fixed cause if not im taking it back for a diffrent monitor thats why i was asking if anyone had the same type of monitor i have not had this problem with my last lcd nor with anyone elses lcd i have seen.

#6 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

i cant really help here, but my experience's with LG products havent been good. I wouldnt recommend them.

#7 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

well everything is perfect i kinda found something that might help me im going to go ahead and try it if not im going to return it

what do you recommend for gaming and what not

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

Check this site out
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

well im still surfing threw that sight i exchanged the monitor earlier thinking it could of been a deffect it got a little better but still does the "fade" thing and now these is some red that shows on the side when im looking at it from an angle if i cant find no solution tonight im just going to take this back and get the gateway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users