Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure where to ask this question but i need help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 henrix516

henrix516

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:14 PM

Hi everyone im brand new to this site and I joined so i could get an answer to this question. I just received 2 compaq computers from my school and i had to reboot them. After hooking up everything the computer came to life but I was quickly greeted by the message "Non-system disk or disk error Replace and strike any key when ready" well I decided to visit sights to find how to fix this and the answerI got was "The diskette door is closed. If the door is closed, the system will try to boot from a diskette rather than the hard disk. Open the diskette door, if the system still does not begin booting properly, power it off for 10-15 seconds then back on. It should then boot normally." Now I am trying to find out how to open the diskette door because not one site explains in steps how to do it. Please help whoever reads this and thank you for reading it.
Thank You,
R.J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:03 PM

Try removing the floppy disk before starting up the computer.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

The school may have taken out the hard drive or it doesn't work. Try to boot with a boot disk and see if you can read the contents of the C: drive.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users