Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Graphic Card

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markusos

markusos

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

Dear Folks

first, thanks for the previous help i rec'd on this forum, it was great

MY PROBLEM

first, i live in s korea and so, i have korean windows, which makes things a bit difficult in spite of reading korean okay

i recently upgraded my computer and the new computer didn't have a s port, so i bought a new nvidia graphics card complete with the s video port

i installed the graphic card and everything works fine on my computer monitor

with my last computer, i was using the s line to connect to our hd samsung 32 tv and it worked fine

this time, the graphics nvidia menu is only giving me single display, in other words on the menu it doesn't show dual display or the other options for having both the tv and computer monitor sharing a picture,

i've tried all kinds of drivers including the disk of course that came with the card, as well as the nvidia driver from the
nvidia homepage - it's a GF6200 card

i had a young fellow from a computer store come to the house and he looked at the problem and said it was a windows problem and i need to reinstall and/or reformat

i don't really want to reinstall or reformat if there is a way to repair the problem

also, i bought the computer on-line (in korea) and they did not give me a copy of windows xp on a disk, though i have validated the version running in the computer, so, if i had to reinstall, i wouldnt' know how to do it with a valid version of windows xp

anyone have any ideas about if it might NOT be a window problem or if it is, how MAYBE it could be repaired inside windows

sorry for the length of the explanation

markusos

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

If you have the nVidia utilities (nTune, ect) you may have to turn on that function.

Try the steps listed here. Nvidia Knowledge base "Enabling S-video output"

As for reinstalling Windows. If you made restore CDs when you first booted the PC, those will usually work.

Posted Image

#3 markusos

markusos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

BlackSpyder

thanks so much

still have problems

okay, i went through the checklist that the link took me too, no success, have tried that but the menus don't come to chose dual display card

i just realized, as i was searching for nvidia utilities ntune, that the disk that was included with the card has a lot of stuff on it,

first, under drivers, there are the various windows versions, in itself a bit confusing

there are 8 to chose from, i used the version called win2k_xp BUT in addition to other versions like directx9 and others, there is a version called
winxp_64, there are others as well, i am running windows xp home edition, which one do you think i should be installing

also on the disk, there are folders with game stuff and another called 'others' that has a bunch of numbers like v78.01 or
wdm3.03 etc etc etc

also a folder with res, where it seems like there are a bunch of icons,

confusing???

any ideas

markusos

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

Here are the drivers for your card

US English Drivers
Korean Drivers

see if installing them makes a differance.

Posted Image

#5 markusos

markusos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:49 PM

thank you much

i will try those

#6 markusos

markusos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

Hi all,

no, i've tried sooooo many times, sooooo many drivers

i even found in the bios that the agp was set to 64 and i changed that to 128

i'm giving up because i realized that with single display i can still flip it over to the tv, i just can't see both images on the tv
and computer at the same time, which, for my purpose does not matter

i used the connection to the tv to watch movies, and more especially, mlb, and since the first game is tomorrow,
i'm in s korea, i CAN watch it on my tv via the internet

i don't see that it would be worth reinstalling or reformatting just to get the nvidia card to work on multidisplay

but, if anyone has any other ideas, i would appreciate

thank you all
markusos

#7 markusos

markusos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

Again, thanks for the help