Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Busy System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skunu2

skunu2

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Helloo to every one.My problem(problem of my desktop PC LOL)is sometime it shows as busy.After every few seconds a sand clock appears by the side of my mouse pointer(as far as my knowledge goes it happens only when the system is processing something) even if nothing is running.And sometims also the pointer of my mosue runs very fast from one point to other.Though both the above symptoms appear for very few seconds and my system is not very slow But I just want to make sure that all is ok.i have also got my HijackThis log checked at HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal section under supervision of rookie147.Help will be appreciated.
The link to my HJT log examine post is
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112746/am-i-infected-with-malware/

Edited by skunu2, 23 October 2007 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

EDIT: Oops.. sorry about that: I didnt realize that he had already cleared it out.

Edited by WlkingMan, 23 October 2007 - 01:11 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 skunu2

skunu2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

It's ok thank you for your concern :thumbsup:

Edited by skunu2, 23 October 2007 - 01:15 PM.

#4 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

That is weird though... it sounds like a kiddy prank... Maybe they couldn't see it in the log? Just a thought for anyone else who reads this.

Try updating the drivers just in case. Maybe your mouse is dirty?

-Unknown

Hacker != Cracker

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

I would open up Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to the Processes tab and watch it when this behavior occurs. Also, go to the View menu, select "Select columns", then put a checkmark next to "IO Reads". Then click OK to accept this and resize Task Manager so that you can see all of the columns.

Then note which process shows additional activity when it happens and let us know which one it is.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Just a tip:

The easiest way to do that is to click on the top of the CPU column to have it organize it with the greatest one at the top.

-Unknown

Hacker != Cracker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users