Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ---Raptor---

---Raptor---

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:22 PM

Weird problem with my laptop. I have an HP Laptop that will only connect if my hands are on it or if the pcmia card is pointed directly at the router. While using the laptop I will gain connection when I am typing or have a hand laying on it or even just a couple fingers on the Linksys network card. If I remove my hands, the connection drops. The only other time I have connection is if the card is pointed directly at the router with nothing in between the card and router including the laptop itself.

Tried the card in another computer it works fine.
Tried a different router, same trouble.
Tried a different brand card, same trouble.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

Thats really weird..its almost like there is interference coming from the laptop and your acting like a human antenna!

What happens if you use a usb wireless adapter? I know its not what you want, but it may be your only option. You can also see if you can increase the power of the wireless card in its driver sections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users