Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Control And Keyboard Control Loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 murpg

murpg

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi Guys, can you please take a look at my hijack log and please tell me if something has taken over my computer. I am running windows xp sp2 and for some reason the alert sound goes off on my computer and I loose mouse control and keyboard control. I have taken all of the recommended steps of the forum. Can you please take a look at my hijack this log and tell me if you see anything?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hi Murpg,

Sorry for the delay, this forum is swamped right now.

Because it has been quite a while, I need to see a fresh HijackThis log.

Before you run the new HijackThis scan I want you to replace your old version of the program with a new one. Please delete the version currently on your computer, then click here and download the new version to your desktop.

To use HijackThis, double-click on the icon. When it runs it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. If you would like to extract it to another location you can change the directory. When it is done installing, HijackThis will automatically launch. When the license agreement appears, select I accept and then click on the Do a system scan only button. When the scan is complete, click on the Save Log button to create a log of your information.

When you post the new log, please post it directly in the body of your reply, rather than attaching the file.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users