Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Slow To Display?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

Hi,
For the past couple of years I've been capturing lots of screenshots during strategy-game playing and posting them in various gaming forums (via Photobucket) with no problem, but just lately when I've logged onto the forums the pics that I've already posted usually take a full two minutes or so to display, compared to just a few seconds like they used to.
Any idea why? I'm Win XP Home, not too PC-literate..
PS - I use JPEG format mostly but just lately have been mixing in some PNG's because the definition is a bit better, so do you think forums are slower at displaying PNG's, perhaps that's the cause of the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hey MickinPlymouthUK!

It could be because of PNGs. Although the quality is better, the file size is much larger. So, it will take a little bit longer to load. Especially, if it isn't optimized for web.

You can use: Web Graphics Optimizer. It's a free download and you can save as PNG and optimize the image as well, so that should help with the loading problem. :flowers:

Let me know if this helps. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users