Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrneely357

mrneely357

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

I have a HP OmniBook XE laptop that once you turn it on, It goes thru its windows startup as far as the Windows 2000 Professional screen with the blue starting up box at the bottom of the page. When the box fills up, the computer seems like it tries to move on to the next phase but, a blue screen pops up for a quick sec, and then it restarts all over again. There is no break between startups, its like a continuous cycle, and that is as far as it goes. I cant access anything on the desktop, because it will not let me get that far, It just continually restarts.

Can anyone give me advice on trying to fix this problem. I love this laptop. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

See if you can open in safe mode, if you can go to your control panel, system, click on the advance tab, click on startup and recovery, and uncheck the box for automatically reboot. This will allow you to see what the error message is before the computer restarts. While your in safe mode check the Event Viewer to see if what errors are listed there, under the Event column you can right click on an error, choose properties and a page will open with a description of the error. Please let us know what you find there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mrneely357

mrneely357
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

Ok Thanks, I will try it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users