Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serif PhotoPlus 5.5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

This seems to resemble Paint Shop Pro (which y'all know I love) a lot and it's not hard to use. However, I don't see how to make the changes. I've got it open and want to edit a photo. To crop the picture, I used the crop tool. But I don't see how to save it when I'm done. I tried Save As and just hitting Enter. Neither worked. And the help guide wasn't specific, just to use the crop tool for cropping...I got that part, lol.

This may not be my only question. Feel free to assume my ignorance and spell things out for me, hehe.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:42 PM

I d/l the free version and did a test picture, then saved it to the desktop. When I double-click the icon, it opens it up, just as it is supose to.

To save it, I clicked the File -> Save As -> changed the name to test.spp, and left the type of file alone, and changed location to desktop.

One thing that I will mention is that I did a test drawing. You are editing a picture. The steps should be the same though. One thing you should know: if you are altering a picture file, and you want to keep the original intact, you should save it with a different filename.

I will do a edit on a picture and see if I get the same result as you did.

Edited: OK, I got it. When you crop the picture the way that you want, place the cursor in the box, and double-click it. This will remove everything except what you want. At first, it will look odd, but go ahead and save it anyway (as a different name). When you re-open the file, only the cropped portion will appear.

Edited by JEservices, 14 February 2005 - 05:48 PM.

We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

Thanks, Jason. That worked. Now my dad can see the kids!
:thumbsup:

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

I also have this program but it lacks in features so I use the gimp. I had a problem where it would not let me save the files as anything but its own file type's. So I was unable to upload the files to host them on sites.

If you want try the gimp yourself.

http://www.gimp.org/

It has all kinds of abilities like photoshop but free!

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:28 PM

Cows, thanks! I'll look into that gimp link now. I like the appearance of Photoshop but it's not like Paint Shop Pro like I first thought. The more I mess with it, the more I'm not liking it. I really hate that I can't save the edited photos in the file type I want. Your only choice is Photoshop or All Files. Stinky options.
Anyway, I'll look into gimp. Thanks again, Cows. :thumbsup:

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:10 AM

More then happy to help out.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users