Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain Web Cites Won't Load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rboone2020

rboone2020

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Folks,

I've run into a problem that seems fairly typical, but I don't have a good list of things
to check in my mind, like I do for other problems.

My wive's machine won't load certain web sites. IE 6 simply shut down, back to the
desktop without a trace. These aren't specialty web sites, but common sites used
by thousands of folks, so certainly a problem with the machine. The site I'm checking
with is www.starbucks.com. The home page loads partially, and after a few clicks,
stops the program.

I've upgraded IE 6 to IE 7, same problem (except it asks to send a message to Windows).
I've upgraded Java, same problem. The "Verify" option at the Java site confirmed things
were okay.
I've ensured the graphics driver is up to date.

Other suggestions? Thanks folks.

Randy Boone

Dell Inspiron 1100, Windows XP SP 2, IE7

P.S. It occurred to me that someone out there might be able to interpret the code Windows
wanted sent back to them. It is pasted below.

Well drat ... it won't let me cut and paste the whole report. I'll say though
that the "Error Signature" reads:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16544 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16544 Offset: 000b1dc2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rboone2020

rboone2020
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

No one has any ideas at all? Perhaps it was a tougher issue than I believed.

#3 seedsofchaos

seedsofchaos

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

I'm sure you have, but you could try deleting all cookies and temp internet files and also could try using another browser to see if the issue is with the browser. That would at least narrow down the problem: whether it's IE specific.

#4 firebrew22

firebrew22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

I am having the same problem. Specifically, I can't load Adobe.com. Everything else seems to come up fine. I tried to load it in IE-6 and Firefox. Same thing, it just sits there, and nothing happens. Please help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users