Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Earthlink And Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patricci

patricci

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

I am just returning to using dialup Earthlink and am having trouble. Live tech said Earthlink does not support Thunderbird. Says to use port 587 and all my smtp settings are correct but I cannot get the mail to actually go.
Cannot receive either.
Don't really want to change over but looked at their easy switching and it is not easy as it does not say how to export my old mailboxes and did not correctly import my address book but I can probably work that out.
Only good news is Mcafee scanned 188000 items and found nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

See if this works; click tools, account settings, click on the server settings in the list, change the port from 110 to 587, then click OK. Please let us know if this works.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users