Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bkdr_delf.duw

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kemmer1029

kemmer1029

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

THIS KEEPS POPPING UP AND SAYING I HAVE A POTENTIAL THREAT, I HAVE RUN VIRUS CHECKS AND EVERYTHING ELSE, IT SAYS ITS IN THE SYSTEM VOLUME HOW DO I GET RID OF IT MY COMP IS VIRUS FREE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Hello and welcome to BC.
I do not know what you've run as Antivirus but this is a backdoor. As such it has compromised the security of you PC. Once connected, it allows a remote malicious user to log all keystrokes then sends all gathered information to a remote malicious user. This can be your passwords ,credit card info or other such financials as part of its backdoor routine. It steals your info and sends it home. I recommend you change any thing that may have been stoed on your PC.

So I'm recommending you run this online scan McAfee FreeScan
Then run this SuperAntiSpyware. Download,install,upate then scan from Safe Mode. Delte/quarantine anything found by both.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

If you are running ME or XP you need to Disable System Restore first to allow a full scan for this malware. For ME L@@K and for XP L@@K. After scan and removal Enable System Restore from same links.

Edited by boopme, 21 October 2007 - 10:32 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:27 AM

Backdoors IRCBots and Infostealer Trojans are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read the Danger: Remote Access Trojans.

Please follow boopme's instructions about changing all passwords. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.

Although the backdoor Trojan has been identified and may be removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to reformat and reinstall the OS - "When should I re-format?".

While we are always willing to assist with malware removal there is no guarantee of success. For XP users, the easiest thing is to do a System Restore and choose a restore point with a creation date before the date of infection. However, should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users