Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gig For Gig Best Computer For The Money

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 goheels22002

goheels22002

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

What is the best long-term choice for best computer with dutrability of motherboard, power suppl, dvd/cd, etc, from a hardware perspective out there or does it matter because everything is made from the least durable materials possible to save on size and weight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

A custom built PC is best and most durable. They also give you the best bang for your buck.

I've heard, and experienced first hand, some of the crappy parts that commercial computer builders such as Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. For instance my friend had a Dell computer for about a year. The motherboard died for no reason 3 days after the warranty had expired.... Dell support wouldn't even help him since he had no warranty. They sometimes use cheap parts, where people won't notice until it dies, such as the motherboard, power supply, and ram.

Still, sometimes the computers from these commercial companies can have good deals, in which the computer comes with a discount on monitors, speakers, and other things of the sort.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users