Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying A Dvd!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

hi! i dont know a convenient place to ask this i just think this might be the best section. 4give me if i am wrong.
i tried copying a dvd movie to my computer but it wouldnt copy. so i opened the movie files and tried to copy file after file but on getting to the main file it copied a while and then stopped. it said somthing like" this file could not be copied due to cyclic redundancy". a second trial said:" vts_01_0:file storage error (-2147351799).
pls what can i do?
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

Most DVD's have copyright protection so you can't rip them to your hard drive. Are you using a copyrighted movie, or a dvd that was burnt?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:12 AM

Please observe the following forums rule.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 king gee

king gee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

i think it is a burnt dvd cause a friend has copied it too on his hd.
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

What is the title?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

Sounds like there was an error in the burning of the DVD. If your friend burnt it for you, ask him for another copy.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Does the DVD work in a standalone DVD player (e.g a player conneted to your TV?).
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users