Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Getting A Bios Error? Very Urgent!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

)(*&$)(#@*&$)(#@%&(#@&%)($#@&%)($*&%

Man, I am seriously pissed off. Ok, so my dad went out and bought this new mouse, which is like optimized for Vista or some sh!t like that. Then, he wanted to play around with it so he went on my computer and did something. When I came back, my computer just wouldn't boot: safe mode, last known config, normal...all didn't work. This has come at an ESPECIALLY bad time since I was in the middle of college apps and what not and now I'm just completely :thumbsup: over. ANYWAY, i hope this isn't too bad of a problem, but here are the details of the errors I got (i'm using my dads laptop):

So instead of selecting the Windows Home XP, I went to Windows Recovery Console (something like that);

I got this blue screen and it told me a couple of things:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INTIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time...(and it tells me what I should do, blah blah blah, which doesn't work)

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0xc0000033, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I looked around and haven't found an answer, but there were people who have asked about it.

PLZ HELP, I need to get my early response app in VERY SOON.

Edited by KoanYorel, 21 October 2007 - 04:05 PM.
Censored profanity work arounds

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

bump

#3 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:05 PM

http://wiki.sqlis.com/default.aspx/SQLISWi...ErrorCodes.html

Just found this site. Not sure if it'll help in solving the problem/

BUMP

#4 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

bump

(yes, it's THAT urgent. I've been searching online for this problem and NOTHING has turned up. So, this forum is like my one and only chance.)

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

What is the make/model of the computer? Do you have an XP or recovery disk?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

It's an HP and it didn't come with a recovery disk. The problem is, I fear that the only way to get it working again is to reformat, which is basically the only thing it allows me to do now...

These are my options:

BOOT MENU [ESC]
BIOS SETUP [F1] (to look at sys info)
SYSTEM RECOVERY [F10] (which basically reformats my C drive)

Installed Memory: 512 MB/PC2-3200

First Channel Device 0: [ST340014AS]
First Channel Device 1: [ST3160811AS]
Second Channel Device 0: [TSSTcorp CD-ROM TS]
Second Channel Device 1: [SAMSUNG CFRW/DVD S]

CPU type: Intel )R_ Celeron ® D CPU 2.80 GHz
CPU Speed: 2800MHz/533MHz
Cache RAM 256KB

Basically, after showing the HP blue screen with the options on the bottom, the screen goes black and only gives me a cursor, but I can't type anything. So, unless anyone else has any suggestions, I guess I'm just going to have to reformat my C drive...*sigh*

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Without an XP disk that seems to be your best option
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

darn it...so im also guessing theres NO way to get back any of the files, right?

#9 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

Welcome to BC....

Well, there is a way to get the recovery disks and here it is:

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Obtaining a Recovery CD or DVD set
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...ocname=bph07143

There might be a small charge but I am sure that you can handle that for the well being of the computer, one other thing is to read the rules here there seems to be something in there about language as in bad.... We do have some real influential type children here....

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

You can try file recovery software. There are some free versions that claim to work, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2007 - 09:03 AM.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

Here's a link to a description of the error message: http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/ddtools/bccodes_8gfb.htm

This error can be caused by any part of the disk subsystem, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available due to hardware regeneration.

It can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition, or by a driver file that has been disabled from the Drivers tab by mistake.

Looks like a disk problem to me. If you can get into Windows or the Recovery Console, I'd suggest running chkdsk /f /r
If you can't get into it, then I'd suggest downloading a free copy of the Seatools for DOS CD-ROM ISO file from here: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/d...ols/seatooldreg Then use an ISO burner to burn the ISO and create a bootable CD. Boot the system from it and run the tool to test your drive.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users