Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uncfingers

uncfingers

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

:thumbsup: hi i am having a problem ....when i start my computer up it used to just open up with the windows emblem and then load in straight away and i would have my desktop showing...now when i open the computer it starts up but then after a minuteor so i have to click on my user account name to open up my desktop... although this isnt a major problem it is an annoying one ... i am operating windows xp home addition...this has only been a problem for the last 3 or 4 days... can anyone suggest how i can get rid of this please.....many thanks ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

Try this:
"1) Go to Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
2) Check the box, Users must enter a username...........
3) Highlight the user you want automatically logged on.
4) Uncheck the box, Users must.............
5) Click Apply
6) In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you chose in step 3
7) OK your way out.

Often the account that is selected/highlighted when you first run USERPASSWORDS2 is the Administrator account. If it has a blank password, that is the account you'll be logged into. "
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:32 PM

If you recently installed MS Net (any version), it's default is to make logging in a necessary function on systems where users previously may not have logged in.

I don't login (I'm sole user of my two systems) and I had to install Net in order to get some drivers for my ATI cards. On rebooot, the login screen appeared :thumbsup:.

My solution was to remove Microsoft.Net from my systems (I don't need it for anything now) but there are other ways to go around this.

http://geekswithblogs.net/evanwinslow/arch...2/09/62734.aspx

Louis

#4 uncfingers

uncfingers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

:thumbsup: garmanma sorry about the reply...anyway i done what you said and i get the message " the syastem could not log you on .. make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again...letters in password must be typed using correct case"...i have never had to type a password or find my domain etc ....i havnt got a clue about my password or username ...any ideas....many thanks

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

If there's never been a password on it, What happens if you just click "next" or Continue"?

No need to apologize. It's just more beneficial for you and others to see the progress or solution for the problem :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 uncfingers

uncfingers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:38 AM

have tried what you suggested but still no good ...its really annoying ...i just dont know why this is happening...

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

Did you try Hamluis's suggestion? We are somewhat limited to the advice we can give you due to forum rules. Try admin for the login and leave the password blank
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users