Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Stick

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mariska

mariska

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

Hi,hopefully u can answer my question.I have 2 memory sticks installed in my pc,one 512mb Ram stick and one 256mb Ram, but on a recent visit to pc pitstop it said that i only had 512mb running.
Where can see how much is actually running?Is it possible that the 256 stick is broke?How can i find this out?

Regards
Chris
physical memory
Total 515568
in use 220624 so could anyone tell me from these figures how much Ram i have?

Thanks

Edited by mariska, 21 October 2007 - 06:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mariska

mariska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

edited question

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 24,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:59 AM

Is your video built into your motherboard or are you using a separate video card? If it's built into the motherboard, chances are that the video is using 256 mB of your memory for the video (although this is a lot unless the motherboard is a newer model).

The other possibility is that the 256 mB stick isn't working properly - you can check that out by using this free utility to test all of your RAM: http://www.memtest86.com/

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have lessened and I'm able to post/respond without too much difficulty. (05 Sep 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems come on suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mariska

mariska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

Thanks usasma :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users