Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Adding Attachment(s)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quietmike

Quietmike

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:26 AM

:thumbsup: Hi Rimmer - I'm new here and pretty dumb where 'puter details and working are concerned, but seeing your post re attachments, thought I'd ask you for any help you may be able to give on...

1) Trying to send a pic with an email in the normal email mode, everything goes well until I select the pic to go - everything simmers for a few secs and then I get a message box "Cannot complete" and the email just shuts down.

2)Selecting a pic from the actual file, rightclick and select "forward to mail recipient), everything goes fine until, suddenly, the same message appears.
I have either done something stupid in the past, or am doing something stupid at the time!

If you have any thoughts or advice, they would be much appreciated........

Regards

Quietmike

MOD EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum-split from "Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions > Email" ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 21 October 2007 - 01:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

It would help if you could tell us whether you are trying to attach a file when you are doing this on-line or if you are using a E-mail application (for example, OutlookExpress) on your computer to attach the file.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Quietmike

Quietmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

:thumbsup: Hi John - thanks for your contact and repositioning - appreciate this very much! The problem occurs in all modes, using the "normal" email system in Outlook Express when starting up 'new mail' - or even when using an incoming email in 'reply' mode, - plus, when in my picture files, pulling up a pic to send, right-clicking and selecting 'send to mail recipient'.

The small message box appears in all cases, after a few moments, with "the action could not be completed".

Any help on this will be gladly received! Small other problem ... I was very much helped by dc3 on another matter and this problem was 'tacked on' the end - dc3 suggested posting our mutual discussions to a thread - sounds stupid, but HOW do I post a series of communications to a thread please???

I hope your patience ain't being stretched too far!

Many thanks,
Regards,
Mike

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

Simply link to the thread you want people to read, rather than trying to copy and paste several conversations.
You can use the "insert link" function (icon at the top of the entry box) when replying.
Can you attach files if you go online to your mailbox, send a message, and attach that way?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users