Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verizon High-speed Offer $14.99 For Life!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nerdnot

Nerdnot

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:08 PM

Received an internet offer from VERIZON for HIGH SPEED INTERNET for $14.99 per month. PRICE FOR LIFE! Up to 768 Kbps, offer ends October 31, 2007.
(One time $54.98 charge, first month free.)

How's Verizon service in the Northeast, New England area?

Is this a good deal?

Thanks.

Edited by KoanYorel, 20 October 2007 - 10:11 PM.
to remove commercial link per BC Board Rules

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hi ,I don't have this service so some else that does can tell you better about the service is in the Northeast. It is DSL so ask your neeighbors how that works in your area,eg is weather a problem.
Looking at the offer I see that this is the middle grade offer of their services. (dial up,768 Kbps and 3 Mbps) see a speed compaison here. Compare the speed

*Speed comparison based upon performance with a 56.6 Kbps modem. Actual speed may vary. Actual throughput speed will vary based on network and Internet congestion among other factors.

There is a 2 year commitment and a $79 early cancellation penalty (but there is a 30 day money back guarantee)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Nerdnot

Nerdnot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:01 PM

Hi ,I don't have this service so some else that does can tell you better about the service is in the Northeast. It is DSL so ask your neeighbors how that works in your area,eg is weather a problem.
Looking at the offer I see that this is the middle grade offer of their services. (dial up,768 Kbps and 3 Mbps) see a speed compaison here. Compare the speed

*Speed comparison based upon performance with a 56.6 Kbps modem. Actual speed may vary. Actual throughput speed will vary based on network and Internet congestion among other factors.

There is a 2 year commitment and a $79 early cancellation penalty (but there is a 30 day money back guarantee)

Thanks for the info. My regular provider is AOL Dial-up at $9.95 a month. This would be a big improvement. Last month Verizon was offering the same thing for $19.99. Not sure if when you add taxes and the "extras" the telephone company comes up with that the price may be that $19.99.

Thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

You're welcome. I think you should call and ask amount of tax and surcharges. Also be certain you don't need to be a verizon customer first. These could be $1 and $5....

Offer for new residential customers with Verizon voice service. One or two year contract with early termination fee may apply. One-time charges up to $54.98. Price for Life applies to base Internet rate. Excludes taxes and surcharges.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerd...s/all+plans.htm (link inserted to avoid copywrite conflict)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Nerdnot

Nerdnot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

You're welcome. I think you should call and ask amount of tax and surcharges. Also be certain you don't need to be a verizon customer first. These could be $1 and $5....

Offer for new residential customers with Verizon voice service. One or two year contract with early termination fee may apply. One-time charges up to $54.98. Price for Life applies to base Internet rate. Excludes taxes and surcharges.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerd...s/all+plans.htm (link inserted to avoid copywrite conflict)

Yeah, I know what you mean about extra charges. I do have Verizon, so that 's not a problem. Around 8 or 9 years ago I dropped the LONG DISTANCE option Verizon had because the minimum charge was more than the cost of any (extremely rare) long distance calls I made! I have to check and see how many "taxes" and other charges are tacked on to this offer. Overall I think the price is okay - but the "proof will be in the pudding!"

My neighbor gave me the okay to piggyback on his WIFI signal for the past couple years, but he moved and sold his house. Back to dial up again!

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users