Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searching

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 not_anyone

not_anyone

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

about everytime I try to search it comes back saying something like I didn't have enough of something. Something about four charcters or words. What am I doing wrong?? :thumbsup:

Edited by not_anyone, 20 October 2007 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

All of the keywords you type must have 4 or more characters. For example 'virus' has 5 characters, 'test' has 4 characters etc.
If you type a word that has less than 4 characters it won't find anything.

Edited by lost_case, 20 October 2007 - 04:26 PM.

People live to learn, and learn to live...

#3 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

thanks I will try that!!

#4 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

If you still can't find what you are looking for then tell me and I'll try to find it.
People live to learn, and learn to live...

#5 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

I am trying to fix an old computer for grandkids to play on. When I do seaches pertaining to words like Bios,Cmos,Dos,boot,
Aspi . I always comes back not enough charaters. I hate to ask questions that may already be there, so I do alot of searching. Because their is to much to read at one time. Maybe I am to old for this site :trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup:
Thanks for listening I am not putting your site down for I find it very interesting. It just a comment about what I am finding
Monica

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, that's a feature about our Search, that I don't care for.
There are a lot of computer acronyms that are 3 letters, or less, which pretty much renders the Search feature, useless.
If you have a question that can't be answered by doing a Search, then just ask it.

We're more concerned with you getting the help you need, than asking a question that's already been asked.
Trying to help our members, solve their problems, is our primary concern.

Maybe I am to old for this site

You're only as old, as you feel. :thumbsup:

Edited by tg1911, 08 November 2007 - 12:38 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks alot tq1911 I will try to stick around even with my being old :flowers:

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

You're quite welcome, not_anyone.
Thankfully, you're never too old to learn, otherwise, I'd be in serious trouble. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#9 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

:flowers: OK I give up I got that message about the 4 characters again.Please help me understand. I entered under the web forum: 'adobe crashes internet explorer 6'. OK why did I get a error message on this one. I don't understand why this one got the error message. I have been trying hard not to use less than 4 characters.
Thank you.
:thumbsup:

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

6 = less than 4 letters :thumbsup:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Try using, adobe crashes internet explorer6, adobe crashes internet explorer, or adobe+internet explorer+crashes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users