Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prints Not Same Colour As On Monitor.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

Hello all. I'm a newbie.

I'm trying to get the name of some software that will help me produce colour prints of my digital images that are a close match with what I can see on my monitor.

Currently I've been using Irfanview's colour adjustments before printing, but it's not very accurate.

I'd like some help with this please.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

This might be useful. I've not used it personally, but it might help improve the match between the photo and how it's displayed on screen.
Windows XP Colour control panel powertoy
This link gives more information

What make\model printer do you have?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

I believe that most graphic programs (not free) come with settings/control to improve color matches.

I use Ulead (now Corel) PhotoImpact and it does. I believe a trial (30-day) download is still available at the Ulead website, if you are looking at a 1-time, quick fix.

Louis

#4 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

Thank you both for your very helpful advice. I'll be following it up, and hopefully this will solve my problem! :thumbsup:

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

Thank you both for your very helpful advice. I'll be following it up, and hopefully this will solve my problem! :thumbsup:

Let us know how you make out with this. Matching color is always a pain, specially skin tones. I'd like to think that the idea is to get it close and call it a day. Your printer might have color adjustments if your printing program doesn't. One hint is to take the picture to the other side of the room and then look at it then look at the monitor (with the monitor being on the other side of the room and the picture in your hand). This helps to eliminate the extreme difference in the lighting (monitor is transparent light-light shines through the monitor surface-, and the print is reflective light-the light bounces off the picture).
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Steve - I'll try that out.

My skin colours always come out too red. And my colours too dark.

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:52 AM

That's somewhat par for the course. Warm colors (red) aways seem to stand out, while the cooler colors (blue) seem to be lacking. Try desaturating the reds and adding contrast overall, see if that helps.

EDIT: Oh, for the darkness, obviously, try lightning up the entire image! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 21 October 2007 - 12:53 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#8 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:24 AM

I'll try more experimentations with these adjustments.

Epson Printer and Irfanview.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users