Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any pc programming sites or study guides out there?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:16 PM

I am just looking into something to do. I know that the Teen that helped build and design Firefox started as a pc programmer at 14yrs.

I want to try pc programming and see if I can make one. I know a little bit about HTML but would like to take on programming!

A computer programmer can make on average of 85k a year(msn poll)!

So is there any ways I can learn a little of it free? I want to see what its like.

Hope one of you can link me to a site.

Maybe like C++ or something basic to start off with. :thumbsup:

Thanks all

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 13 February 2005 - 11:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:13 PM

I think a fun way to learn programming is with visual basic. You can use microsoft visual basic express beta for free right now:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

Also if you want to be able to learn how to program on the web, then take a look at php: www.php.net

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

I have to agree with Grinler on this.If you want an easy to learn programming language then VB is it. Plus you can find free source code all over the net to learn from.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

Thanks I will take a look at it.

Is it me or am I trying to take on too much at one time?

This is just for the future. Im taking HTML ad w3schools now so I need to wait a bit.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:04 PM

VB is a good starting point. Programming is such that once you learn to use one language, the others (in this case most likely C++ later) become much easier. Once you get in the habit of the mental discipline needed to code, debug, and rewrite, leaning the differences in languages is fairly simple. The main thing is to write as much code as you can, even if it only does something simple; computer languages, like much knowledge, builds itself architechtonically by starting with rather simple modules and creating something more complex.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users