Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove Juno From Computer When Add/rem Doesn't Work.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Silverleaf

Silverleaf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

After talking with Juno C/S and tech dept. to resolve a different issue, in which I had to get tough with someone to get any result at all, Juno dialup suddenly stopped functioning. I removed it with some difficulty as files were automatically and instantly written as read-only. It happened a second time the next day. When I tried to remove it a second time, it would not go away, though I used Add/Remove Programs in the usual way. I tried several things, such as emptying, renaming the folder and creating a new one (I would like to keep the old address book and any old letters, so I moved them out of the folder. I speculate that is why it is not disappearing now, but am not sure.) Please advise, as Juno DSL is flakey and I need dialup as a backup. (I've checked for spyware, cookies, flushed the dns cache, emptied temp and %temp% files.)

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to BC
Try the Add/Remove in safemode. You can also search for the Juno folder and open it up and see if there's an uninstaller in there
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Silverleaf

Silverleaf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

Will do. (Have tried to uninstall but only found Speedband uninstall.) S.

#4 Silverleaf

Silverleaf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:50 PM

Have tried your suggestion. However, although there is still a Juno folder in the Program Files area, Juno dialup doesn't show up as a program in Add/Remove Programs - in either mode. Any other suggestions? S.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

What is the size of the remaining Juno folder you found? Often, removing an application is Add/Remove is not completely successful, and there are remnants. If the folder size is unusually small for that kind of application, you can usually just delete it.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Silverleaf

Silverleaf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

The Juno folder allows me to take out several subfolders but some cannot be deleted. The problem is that for some unknown reason the folder and certain subfolders are automatically and instantly made read-only and do not respond when I try to remedy that in the usual way.

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

Have you tried manual deleting in Safe Mode and disconnected from the internet? You may need to delete the entire folder, even if that means reinstalling the entire application later.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Silverleaf

Silverleaf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

yes, I have.

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

Maybe a 3rd party uninstaller. This one is recommended in out freeware apps. links
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Delete_Doctor_d4473.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users