Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angelwings

angelwings

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

Hello being a newbie I am at my wits end I have several problems

1. I have tried to use the uninstall program for the CA ISS Trial version and it is gone from that box, however it is still in the programs files, I try to delete it from the list but it comes up with "try again". I cannot remove this program. It still comes up when I turn the computer on, I click the uninstall box when the box comes up to tell me that the trial has expired nothing happens. Went onto the website, nothing to help me there either. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. My help box doesn't show. I click the help box and the box says its open it is on the task bar but it is not there. It is hiding in the background and I can't get it open to view it.

3. Since I have tried to unistall the CA program I now cannot access my email, I can send just can't receive anything.

Please help me I am really loosing my mind and I am quickly becoming a non believer in the whole computer thing.

Thank you for all your future help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Russsl

Russsl

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

angelwings,

Have you tried add/remove programs? If not, goto Start, Contol Panel, Programs and Features, then try to uninstall it from there. Then go to your Program Files folder and see if it's still there. If it is, try and delete the folder contents.

#3 angelwings

angelwings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

I tried that but it is still in the programs folder all it tells me is that I require permission to delete the program. I am the administrator and it still does it. And still comes up. I don't understand why eventhough it has expired why I can't delete it. The program still continues to block my emails through Windows Vista.

Any other suggestions?

#4 Russsl

Russsl

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

Sorry, finally back online.

This is a Computer Associates program, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users