Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vvvhost.exe And Frfhost.exe Viruses ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 smartsites

smartsites

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

Everytime I open up a program on my desktop these two programs load and take up all my resources and it won't let me end them. I did a search and google and found a few references to where these may be viruses. I'm running a norton scan now to see what it picks up.

Does anyone know what these are?

Moved from the NT/2000/2003 Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 19 October 2007 - 01:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

You have two virus, FRFHOST.EXE and vvvhost.exe. I am not qualified not assist you but a HJT team member will assist you soon.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hi smartsites,

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users