Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rpg Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mlbrown

mlbrown

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

I'm an avid gamer but have never been able to intrest myself in RPG's...however, I'm always to expand my verizons in gaming especially being a Microsoft fan boy and being stuck in constant releases of FPS...the only ones that have halfway gotten my attention are Fable and Oblivion as I really really don't like turn based...any suggestions....or any other type games that I might enjoy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Мєηιcє

Мєηιcє

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

For what platform? PC?

#3 mlbrown

mlbrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

PC or 360...

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

Oblivion is a great game! You should check it out. It gives you a lot of freedom and is pretty realistic. For instance if you walk on a table with stuff on it you will kick all the stuff off as you walk over it (realistic physics to).

Fable was very fun too, still has pretty nice graphics (for PC), and a lot of freedom like attacking anyone you want or stealing anything, its similar to Oblivion, but very different at the same time.

Some of the more fun and addictive rpg's are online. Wow (World of Warcraft) is the most played game (at least online) and it is pretty fun. My problem with it is the 15$ a month bill that you have to pay which is too much for me.

I like Guild Wars which is really fun. It's an online mmorpg without the monthly subscription fee. You get to do all the quests and missions with other real people. Also, you can be in huge Guilds and Alliances (groups of guilds), in which you get your own guild hall (hangout type place), and do guild and Alliance battles against others.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Oblivion is a lot of fun for anyone... If you don't mind backtracking a bit in the graphics area you could also try Morrowind, which has better gameplay than Oblivion, in my opinion. Morrowind and Oblvion are both made by Bethesda Softworks and are both part of the Elder Scrolls series, one of the better rpg series' out there. Both of these games are out for the 360 and for the PC.

Now, you said you liked FPS games right? I wouldn't know.. but i would see if you could find an RPG out there that had some FPS elements. I know they exist... i just can't rememer any names right now. It would be a good idea to combine things that you like in games. RPGs are very dynamic, and can often take elements from several other types of games.

#6 mlbrown

mlbrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

I was wondering about the Fallout series then if you were talking about FPS with RPG elements, does that count has anyone played the first 2 I know the third one is coming out and looks pretty impressive.

#7 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:48 AM

I've always been a big Diablo II fan, still play every now and then, right now I'm playing FATE, kinda simple, but fun. I played both the Fallout games several years ago and enjoyed them. I'm curious to see the new one, I'd like to try a demo but have not found it. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

Oblivion is also on the PS3 too, but it's trailing in content that the PC and 360 version have. It is getting the Shivering Isles expansion I believe.

Still, I prefer Oblivion on the PC as you have all the mods and such that make the experience better in my opinion. Mods can make the game look better and can even add quests and items and such. I also like the PC version because of the console commands. It's nice for when you want to start a new character, but get bored doing all the same quests again (such as myself). The console commands are also awesome for when a quest breaks and a quest item gets stuck in your inventory or something like that, the commands can add/remove items that have fixed a number of quests for me.

#9 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

I would DEFINATELY propose the Vampire - The Masquerade series..

Though "REDEPTION" is very diablo-like RPG, "BLOODLINES" kick butt! 5 Diffirent endings, super dialog system, and gameplay that depends on your Characters' Clan!

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

#10 SillyRope x

SillyRope x

• Classroom
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Dark Age of Camelot or World of Warcraft are my suggestions

or Guild Wars, GW is free and a fun aspect of it I thought, when i used to play, is the ability to set up your own shop...

any whoo... DAOC, WOW, and GW r my favorites

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

Try mass effect being released on the Xbox on nov 20th I think. Its getting incredible previews.

#12 Ready2roll

Ready2roll

• Classroom
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

World of Warcraft FTW
Its better for others to think you're a moron than to open your mouth and prove them right

#13 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

Some good games there. :thumbsup:

I also preferred Morrowind over Oblivion, but that expansion for Oblivion, "The Shivering Isles" was fun for a good while.
If you try Oblivion I suggest you install:
- vanilla.
- Then all the small add-ons.
- Then Shivering Isles.
- Then get the full franscesco mod and your all set.

Good to see Shadowdance like the previous installment to 'bloodlines'. I liked both a lot.

For a recent RPG experience that might be in your taste, try 'The Witcher'.
Don't get put off by the console hack-slash tutorial type intro. This game delivers on so many levels. Amazing game with a few shortcomings, like the combat system. But that seems unimportant.
Also quite fast paced I think you might like that.

Edited by nightspydk, 17 November 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#14 jkilmnop

jkilmnop

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

If you're looking for a really good MMO, try Fiesta. It's awesome. If your computer doesn't have good enough hardware to run it...try eudemons online.
Jeffrey Toro

Life is like taking a ride on the road. You really can't stop in the middle of it to check a map, doing so might cause you to take unnecessary risks. Just keep up with what's going on around you and have fun in life.

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

The witcher's load times are killing it for me. I am waiting for the next patch before I start playing it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users