Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey, New Guy Knows Nothing...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 atiffarooqi

atiffarooqi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hey everyone, i didnt know where to put this so i put it here. My name is Atif, and im about to get an alienware area51 9750 notebook. I had a few final questions, though. I am about to go for the XP media center package and i hear vista is nonsense, is this a good idea? Also, they offer a clearview LCD but i am opting for the normal 1440 by 900 resolution, will this hinder my gameplay? I cant really afford to go to the clearview option and my friend said itll make you go blind haha. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaRiiA

MaRiiA

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

Well Atif :thumbsup: to BC and i hope you have a great time surfing around this site!

Have an antivirus day! :flowers:
ahh is it lust or love? the question many have feared to answer for there is no telling :D
Last to post wins! i guess i'll never give up on that game until i win it!
maria over n out ><

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hello Atif and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

This forum is to be used solely for introducing yourself to our community. :thumbsup:
If you have a question, please post it in the appropriate forum.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

You are really asking two different questions, one about the merits of Vista, and the second about the choice of screen hardware.
I suggest making two separate posts, one in the Vista Forum, and another in the Hardware Forum. This way your questions will tend to be answered faster by Members knowledgeable in either area.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users