Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host Process For Win32 Services

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KkianN

KkianN

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

Firstly, this is my second post. I posted a Hijackthis log in "Hijackthis logs and Malware Removal". This is the link--->http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112093/infected-with-dropperagentloggerpcapawin32genericpwswin32trojanpswdelf-and-win32trojanpwsonlinegames/

The 1st post because of nobody reply in 3 days and my computer jammed in the XP welcome window. So i had formated my computer and now my fresh new computer had discovered another probelm.

When I opened my computer for a long period, It must pop out a message box called 'Generic Host Process for Win32 Services'. With this, my Windows Security Center cannot be displayed..In the Security center, it had 'security essentials' and 'manage security seetings' right? After this message box pop out,the securiy essential part gone. only left Manage Security Settings.

ok,here the Error Report Contents
C:\DOCUME~1\KkianN\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd9c7.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\KkianN\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd9c7.dir00\appcompat.txt

Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

When you post a log, it may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Since you reformatted, you need to post in your other topic that you have done that so the thread can be closed. That log is not longer any good since you reformatted and you would need to repost a new one anyway should that be necessary. Please let me know when you have done that so I can close it.

svchost.exe.mdmp is a mini dump used to send error reporting to Microsoft.
appcompat.txt is a reporting file with information used when uploading error reports to Microsoft when you get the message "report this error to Microsoft?"

However, appcompat.txt can also be related to the Trojan.Proxy.Win32.Lager.ch
%profile%\local settings\temp\wer54.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

The Generic Host Process for Win32 Services error is a common complaint by many users with no single solution. Just look at this Google Search.

What works for one may not work for another. What I have seen as the most common fix is disabling automatic Windows updates as it seems that the port it uses causes the problem.

The error could also be related to drivers for Hewlett-Packard printers and scanners. See Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

Edited by quietman7, 18 October 2007 - 09:47 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 KkianN

KkianN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

Sorry for late post..ya..i had concluded a post at my 'other' post in Hijackthis log and Malware removal that i had mentioned last time. So that, i think I will just leave Generic Host Process For Win32 Services this problem because it did'nt affect my computer badly..thanks for your information. :thumbsup:

Edited by KkianN, 19 October 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:00 PM

Your welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif