Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Wont Connect To Internet - Hangs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kayann

kayann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:37 AM

I opened the computer last night and can not get it to connect to internet

I do NOT know much about hardware at all -

I talked to ISP and they said it sounded like my modem was "hanging" and not connecting
they suggested I call compac - after 1/2 hour on hold with them they couldnt help because the girl couldnt be understood and I couldnt find the number on the back of the computer she wanted

I have dial up - I know it is bad but I am keeping it for a month because it is paid through december

eMachine W3609 Celeron D 256 (3.33GHz) 512MB DDR2 120GB Intel GMA950 windows home basic

am I in the right place? can anyone help?

I am at work now trying to figure out why my home PC wont work - because I cant get on line at home!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hi kayann,

Have a look at this article and check your settings.
How To Configure and Use Dial-Up Connections in Windows XP

By all accounts, if this is a new computer, the support people @ Compac should get you up and running.
Check the paper work that came with the computer for the number they asked for.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users