Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Av System Care Installed And Now The Computer Is Messed Up!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raeap06

raeap06

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hello,

A few days ago I was surfing the internet when all of the sudden pop ups came on the computer, it was a myspavecomments website i was visiting. Next thing I know for some strange reason this AV System Care installer is downloading to the computer and i couldnt find a way to stop it. Now as a result the computer is bogged down with obscene pop ups, is VERY slow and strange things are happening. I have Windows XP. For instance, i access the internet, go to yahoo, sign in my email account, try to click on the inbox and it says page cannot be displayed and the address might be typed incorrectly. However i am able to access my gmail account without any problems. Also, some times when clicking on a link from a search engine it will open a page saying page cannot be displayed and some About Tabs thing starts opening up. a bunch of tabs keep opening on the computer window, its REAL strange. I tried to restore the computer to an earlier date, but it says it can't restore to earlier date because no changes have been made to computer. I've bought Spy sweeper with the windows washer and pop up blocker and computer still isnt back to normal. I ran he spy sweeper last night and it couldnt quarantine something called Malicious Behavior, something line mal 010. Wondering if this is the problem. I ran the windows onecare safety scan and it fixed everything but the SEVERE threat. At this point i just dont know what to do and am ready to toss the computer out the window.

I am assuming this AV System care is the problem, but cant figure out how to get rid of it. When i start up the computer now is reads a message saying these two things: First-- A potential problem has been detected and windows has been shut down buggy application to prevent damage to your computer. ****WXYZ.SYS - Address F73120AE base at C00000, DateStamp 36b072A3 Kernel Debugger Using: COM2 (Port 0x28f, Baud rate 192000)
Second-- A potential problem has been detected and windows has been shut down buggy application to prevent damage to your computer. p-07-0100 irql: 1f SYSVER 0xff00024 NT_Kernel error 1256 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Does this mean anything to anyone out here, because it doesnt mean anything to me. Any help will be VERY VERY appreciated. Thanks so much.

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 17 October 2007 - 11:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

Try This:
  • Please download Rogue Remover Free from Malwarebytes.
  • Please save the file to your normal saved file location or the desktop
  • double click on rr-free-setup to run the installation program
  • accept the license agreement.
  • follow all the steps and click finish to run the program
  • Click the check for updates link
  • click the scan link to start scanning
  • when done, follow the onscreen directions to remove anything that it found.
Let us know your results, please.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users