Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson printer problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hisus

Hisus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

I have on old epson 740i printer that hasn't acted up until now. It will print B&W fine, but when trying to print in color the black ink parts of the print don't print- if there is any black type on the page it is left blank and any parts of the picture that would need black ink are left blank. I have run nozzle checks (OK) and cleaned the print heads several times. I have also reinstalled the drivers --downloaded them since I no longer have the install disc. I am using an old Imac with 8.6 that otherwize seems to work fine. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

Found this...not sure if it will help or not:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/3409

#3 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:41 PM

Grinler: Thanks for the link. I noodled around in that site for an hour, lots of self-help info, especially for those of us who refill our cartridges with gallons of cheap ink trying to save money. One consistent tip for any brand of printer is NEVER allow the cartridge to run dry for any length of time as without the cooling effect of the ink flow, the print head(s) will overheat resulting in probable permanent nozzle damage.
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

Yeah I saw that. Not sure if the heads are replaceable or not.

#5 Hisus

Hisus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

To grinler-- thanks for the link to fixyourprinter.com--There's plenty of info there We shall see if any of it works-- HIsus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users