Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cap'nLarry

Cap'nLarry

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

This happened suddenly. Firefox is my default browser. Some links open in Firefox, some don't. I haven't been able to analyze what's in common with either. For example, UPS & FedEx tracking links work while most others don't. I have browsed the forum, but haven't found a topic specific to Outlook 2000 & Firefox.

Windows xp, sp-2. The Outlook is from MS Office 2000.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

See if this, is of any help:
Hyperlinks in an e-mail message do not work in Outlook 2000 or in Outlook 2002
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Cap'nLarry

Cap'nLarry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

I use Firefox, not IE>

#4 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hello Cap'nLarry,

The following has instructions for troubleshooting both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

"Hyperlinks don't work in email":

http://www.the-pc-guru.com/Hyperlinks_dont_work_in_ema.php

The instructions above are a bit more detailed than Microsoft's, but I did notice that the Microsoft article has one last step in "Method 2":

8. Save these settings, and then repeat the process for other URL protocol file types.

There are several "URL:..." file types in the Folder Options list. Among them are "URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol" and "URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy". You mention that some types of links do work and some don't. Maybe the FedEx and UPS tracking links (the ones that do work) are using the "Privacy" (secure?) protocol, while the links that don't work are using the standard protocol. You may need to verify the file type associations for more than one "URL:..." file type.

#5 Cap'nLarry

Cap'nLarry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Thanks, the email link to the forum worked...go figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users